Tuesday 19 May 2009

Jewellery Making

I have decided to start making jewellery.

Reason being my lovely black beaded necklace with a bow on it, that my beautiful sister bought me for my birthday last year, was about to break. The string holding it together was stretching and fraying so I went to the Shiney Rocks bead shop in Bath to find out if they could mend it for me.... I was told it would cost £20 (the necklace itself was about £20/£25) so I asked how much it would be if I could buy the tools to mend it myself!

I was told it would be quite easy, so I took this opportunity as a sign; as I have been wanting to be more creative: so for an extra £18 (OK so it was £38 in total) I am now the proud owner of four Shiney glitter handle tools (round nose pliers, snipe nose pliers, flat nose pliers and side cutter pliers - it's a whole new language!!!). I also have some findings and beadalon....

It took me two hours, but I mended it last night! I also attached a jump ring to a pendant, for a friend from work - she hadn't worn it for about 10 years but I have been able to give it a new lease of life for her! I feel ever so clever and useful now, so hopefully the tools will prove to be a worth while investment.

I'm going to an evening class tomorrow to learn how to make a chainmaille bracelet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment